Galaxy Fake Vans D.I.Y.
Today I made Galaxy print fake Vans together with Dinja. I didn’t actually make progress pictures but I’m gonna explain how to make it in a little tutorial. They are really easy to make. I just bought some $3 fake Vans at Primark to make them.
What you need
- Black canvas shoes
- Acrylic paint; I used pink, purple, blue, mint and white
- A toothbrush
- A sponge
- Optional: Water protect spray
You can also do this with other canvas items as long as they are black. And if they are not you can easily paint them black.
Let’s make them
- Make your sponge a little wet and dip it in a tiny bit of paint. Then put it where ever you want it.
- Repeat step 1 until you like what you got, when the paint dries it will be less pigmented so you might need a few coats. I applied two coats on mine.
- Wait for it to dry.
- Take your toothbrush and dip it in white paint. Then take something to get most of the white paint off the toothbrush like a piece of paper.
- Hold the toothbrush over your shoes and run your finger trough the hairs from the top to the bottom of the hairs, there will be splatters of white on your shoes, repeat as much as needed.
- Optional: Spray your shoes with water protect spray to make the paint stay on them longer.
- Wear them and be awesome