Blogging in English or Dutch?
My blog has been written in english since I started the old version in 2012. At that time it wasn’t even a question english or dutch. But since the dutch blogging community has grown a lot I’m kind of wondering what language people prefer.
With english I can talk to a way bigger audience. But when I want to talk about dutch things; like a haul from a dutch store I feel guilty because my international readers can’t go to the store and buy the items. At the moment 50% or more of the comments I get on my blogposts are in dutch already.
- Bigger Audience
- Most of the dutch people can read english too
- I’m able to review subscription boxes
- I feel like my english grammar is better then my dutch even though neither is perfect
- Ability to write about stores & events that are local
- The dutch blogging community is smaller so it’s easier to make friends with other dutch bloggers
- More brands to work with because there isn’t the high international shipping cost